We’ve been traveling recently and even though we could have planned well and scheduled regular posts to appear magically while we were away, we just didn’t. Honestly, sometimes I think that vacations might not be worth the trouble because you spend days and weeks beforehand taking care of everything so you can be gone for a while and then when you get back you spend days and weeks taking care of things that didn’t get done while you were away. It’s downright exhausting.
But we truly love traveling and this (brief) trip was part work, part play and 100 percent delightful. Here are some things we learned:
1. The best sweet tea in the United States is served in Birmingham, Alabama.
2. At 6,643 feet, Clingmans Dome is the highest point in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park.
3. Hidden in the mountains are tiny tastes of Europe.
4. There are about 14,000 people registered in the Eastern Band of the Cherokee Indians.
5. Next time, we’ll take the motorcycle.
That’s all for now. The garden needs weeding.
Dianna and Christe